National Courage Conference 2016
Brisbane Courage is hosting the National Courage Conference for 2016.
The Conference will be held on Saturday 13th August.
Further details as the time for the Conference draws near.
Enquiries Fr Bob Harwood 0418 730 011/ Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Courage meets monthly for two hours with its chaplain
Fr. Bob Harwood
Mob 0418 730 011
What is Courage?
Courage is a movement begun in New York in 1980 by a group of same sex attracted Catholics who had decided to commit themselves to a life of chastity. The five goals of Courage:-
- To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teachings on homosexuality.
- To dedicate our entire lives to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Penance and of the holy Eucharist.
- To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another our thoughts and experiences and so ensure that none of us will have to face the problems of homosexuality alone.
- To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in a celibate Christian life and to encourage one another in forming and sustaining them.
- To live lives that may serve as good examples to others.
They are really a disciplined way or call to holiness which all of us are called to by God and certainly echo the decrees and deliberations of the 2nd Vatican Council 1962 – 1965.
Brisbane Courage began in 1998 and is a ministry of Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane.
An Encourage group is starting in August for parents, siblings, and friends of men and women who are same sex attracted and wish to have support and fellowship in their Catholic life.
The group will meet monthly on a Sunday afternoon for a period of discernment and review. For those interested please ring Brendan Scarce on 3865 2464 or email email@example.com